cookbook 'maven', '= 0.3.0'
Installs Apache Maven includes a resource for installing artifacts from maven
cookbook 'maven', '= 0.3.0', :supermarket
knife supermarket install maven
knife supermarket download maven
Install and configure maven2 and maven3 from the binaries provided by
the maven project
maven LWRP for pulling a maven artifact from a maven repository and
placing it in an arbitrary location.
maven_repo LWRP that allows you to add your custom repo to the list
of repos searched for artifacts
- Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, Fedora
The following Opscode cookbooks are dependencies:
- java - this cookbook not only depends on the java virtual machine but it also depends on the java_ark LWRP present in the java cookbooks
- ark - used to unpack the maven tarball
- default['maven']['version'] defaults to 2
- default['maven']['m2_home'] defaults to '/usr/local/maven/'
- default['maven']['m2_download_url'] the download url for maven2
- default['maven']['m2_checksum'] the checksum, which you will have to recalculate if you change the download url
- default['maven']['m3_download_url'] download url for maven3
- default['maven']['m3_checksum'] the checksum, which you will have to recalculate if you change the download url
Simply include the recipe where you want Apache Maven installed.
- artifact_id: if this is not specified, the resource's name is used
- group_id: group_id for the artifact
- version: version of the artifact
- dest: the destination folder for the jar and its dependencies
- packaging: defaults to 'jar'
- repositories: array of maven repositories to use, defaults to ["http://repo1.maven.apache.org/maven2"]
- owner: the owner of the resulting file, default is root
- mode: integer value for file permissions, default is 0644
maven "mysql-connector-java" do group_id "mysql" version "5.1.19" dest "/usr/local/tomcat/lib/" end
TODO, coming soon
License and Author
Copyright 2010-2012, Opscode, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.